The Scratch Pad

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

“Indians eat like Emperors”.

Few days before my aunt invited me for dinner at her place. Few visiting American delegates at my uncles company were also present there. The dinner comprised of a few Vegetable curries, rotis, and rice. The Americans were simply amazed to have the food especially the curries and were happy to take multiple helpings of the same. They added that they were hardcore non-vegetarians and didn’t know that vegetarian food can taste so great. My aunt happily gave them the recipe of some easy to make curries. After the dinner my aunt served gulab jamuns, shrikhand(sweet curd). They were bowled over by the taste of the desserts but the real thunder was yet to come. When they had masala paan they couldn’t believe that such royal food exist on this planet. The statement by one of them summed up the total event: “Indians eat like Emperors”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home